We are going to try to nail down the top 6 reasons to ski in Courchevel… A tough task as there are of course a lot to choose from.
Being in the 3 Valleys, the slopes on offer can seem endless. In a good way. But you’ll have to get a move on if you plan to get even close to ticking these all off in a week.
So even if you’ve been gracing the pistes of Courchevel since before the first chairlift was installed, read on to discover what may have changed over the years.
A Premium Price Tag?
Depending on your point of view, the traditionally pricey and glamorous reputation of Courchevel can be a plus or a negative.
It’s true, if you want to spend the week perusing the shops and splashing the cash then you will not be disappointed. However, if you are looking to ski on a more reasonable budget there are now plenty of choices.
There is a wide range of accommodation available throughout the villages of Courchevel. From world-class hotels to price-conscious apartments, and of course the luxurious catered chalets.
High-End Chalets…in All but the Price
One of the main reasons to venture over to Courchevel for the week is the amazing accommodation on offer. This includes some of our most sought after chalets, giving our Signature service. You’re lucky the skiing is so good here, otherwise, it would be a struggle to leave these laps of luxury in the morning. These currently still have some available in the 2021/22 season, at an extremely enticing price-
- The definition of a luxury catered chalet, with our Signature service.
- Equipped with all the extras you could want during your time in the mountains. Including a private hot tub and sauna.
- 5 bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms.
- Another of our highest grade Signature properties.
- Spectacular, equipped to a high standard, quirky chalet with traditional alpine features, all rooms boast an en suite bathroom.
- Flawless cooking facilities, warm dining and seating areas, balconies offering stunning panoramas.
- The smallest of the three Signature properties in Courchevel. However with no less class.
- Magnificent, cosy, eccentric, perfectly equipped and close to the piste.
- All rooms with en suite bathrooms, first-rate cooking facilities, rustic dining and seating areas, plus balconies offering marvellous views.
- Big, bold and brilliant!
- This is one of the few chalets available to book on a ROOM BY ROOM basis. Meaning even if your group is as small as 2 people, you can enjoy the full catered chalet experience.
- Complete with all en suite rooms and a private outdoor hot tub, just 300m from the lifts.
Christmas in Courchevel
Christmas in the mountains is always a magical experience, Courchevel is no different.
In a catered chalet, you can sit back and enjoy a Christmas dinner with all the trimmings, cooked by your personal chalet host.
In the resort itself, it is no different. Festive parties with mulled wine and snacks can be seen popping up in all the villages and you can bet Father Christmas will be making an appearance.
Gospel choirs can be heard across the pistes and keep your eye out for the torchlit descent on Christmas eve.
The World-Class 3 Valleys Ski Area
If you know you know. But for those that do not- The 3 Valleys ski area is one of the biggest and best places to ski in the world.
Without question, being in the 3 Valleys is a fantastic reason to ski in Courchevel. The runs, the parks and the off-piste are second to none in terms of both size and quality.
You will have access to the equally incredible Meribel and Val Thorens, another two resorts that should be at the top of everyone’s skiing bucket list. Skiing the full 3 Valleys area will allow you to explore over 330 runs covering 660kms of glorious snow.
Those of you that enjoy the classic ski resort activity of dancing on tables – you won’t know where to start here. There is not one but two of the infamous Folie Douce awaiting you in the 3 Valleys.
If you prefer your tables for sitting then worry not, Courchevel is home to innumerable other bars and restaurants. These range from fancy Michelin Star jobs (I’d aim for Le Chabichou, 1850) to the humbler ‘hole in the wall’ takeaways, for those a bit peckish post après.
Some of the other large, well-known resorts are often quite compact. Meaning that if you have been there once it can feel like you’ve already done it all.
Another top reason to ski in Courchevel is that it is split into multiple smaller villages. So you can come back time and time again and keep getting that fresh experience.
All the villages are of course extremely well connected, so getting around is a breeze. By ski or by bus you can explore the villages of Le Praz (1330), Courchevel Village (1550), Courchevel Moriond (1650) and the highest Courchevel village at 1850. All with their unique and alluring features.
Need we say more?
Hopefully, this has ignited or rekindled your appetite for the renowned resort of Courchevel. To learn more and explore the top-quality accommodation on offer give us a call on 0330 102 8004 and chat with one of our ski specialists.
There are still some unbelievable last-minute deals on offer for the 2021/2022 season, so don’t be one of those that miss out!
Other articles you may like: