Have you ever considered a family ski trip to the USA with your kids? Well, our very own Seb Tipping is an expert in USA ski holidays having skied at many of the top resorts and now heads up the USA, Canada and Key Accounts team. Having recently just got back from a trip with his daughter he’s provided his insights into the positives and negatives of a ski trip in the USA with kids.
The positives of a USA ski trip with kids:
- Kids ski free in most resorts when an adult purchases a lift pass and ski hire
- Better learning facilities (no language barriers, designated areas only children are allowed)
- Group ratios are a lot smaller than Europe
- The mountain food is completely child-friendly
- Mountain patrol take lift passes off people going too fast in controlled zones
- The service in the US makes everything work well, ski valet and easy access lockers at every base station
- Crèche facilities
- Most hotels have private bus services or cars
- Wifi nearly everywhere (gondolas and base areas)
- Transfers tend to be shorter than that of Europe
- The queues are orderly and there are a lot more staff present on the beginner slopes to help beginners
- The runs are groomed immaculately
- The slopes are a lot more gentle
The negatives of a USA ski trip with kids:
- The lessons are quite expensive
- You need to budget for tips
- The flight feels quite long
- Need to factor in jet lag
Need help planning a family ski trip to the USA or Canada?
Give Seb a call on 0208 600 1641.