North America: Pre-Departure Information - Be Prepared

<< Back to main menu


Ski Holiday Insurance

You must be insured to cover all important elements of your holiday. Please view our Winter Sports Insurance page for information.

Money Matters

Money mattersCurrency/Travellers Cheques: As you may be arriving in resort at the weekend, we strongly advise that you purchase enough foreign currency to last over the weekend. In addition to banks, exchange facilities are also available at all departure airports. If purchasing travellers cheques please ensure you buy them in the local dollar currency and not in sterling as these are difficult to change in banks and are not accepted as payment for general goods and services.

Cash Points: Most ATMs will accept UK cash point debit cards (please check with your bank) as well as credit cards. There are several in each resort. Remember to memorise your PIN number!

Credit Cards: Visa & MasterCard are widely accepted for lift passes/ski hire and ski school in all resorts.


Please view our Travel Advice page for information. 


Please view our Get Fit For Ski page for information. 

<< Back to main menu