The highest ski resort in Europe and part of the largest linked ski area in the world – it’s no surprise Val Thorens is a popular resort amongst skiers. Snow-sure due to the altitude, Val Thorens is situated in a wide-open bowl, surrounded by 360 degree peaks. The resort is perfectly planned, meaning that no accommodation is far from the piste, with most ski-in/ski-out. With over 40 bars, restaurants and clubs, Val Thorens is the place to be if the après is just as important as the skiing – Cafe Snesko being a Skiworld all- time favourite.
One of the largest and most famous linked ski areas in the world. With over 600km of piste, there is truly endless runs for skiers of all abilities across multiple resorts, including Meribel and Courchevel. 99% of the ski area is situated above 2,000 metres, meaning Val Thorens offers excellent conditions throughout the season. The ski area allows you to enjoy the mountain views and experience different styles of skiing such as off-piste and freestyle.
Non-Ski Activities in Val Thorens
Need a break from skiing, or just want to try something new whilst out in the mountains? Please find a few must-try activities below.
Bee Flying – Double Zip Line
Fly two-by-two down this double zip-line, which has a length of 1,800 metres and a maximum flying height of 65 metres. Maximum fun guaranteed!
Calling all adrenaline seekers! Put your driving techniques to the test and head to the highest ice-racing track in Europe.
Toboggan – Cosmojet
Try out the longest toboggan run in Europe through the heart of a magnificent natural valley. For 45 minutes, you can race down the raised bends and varied slopes.
Are you brave enough to go ice diving beneath the frozen Lac du Lou? Enter a new world beneath the ice and enjoy 20 minutes of glacial exploration.
We have partnered with Val Thorens SETAM Lift Company to offer a lucky winner and two friends three 6-day 3 Valleys lift passes, worth approx. £750.
How to enter:
- Follow Skiworld (@skiworld_uk) and Val Thorens (@val_thorens) on Instagram
- Like the competition post
- Tag two friends you would love to go to Val Thorens with
*You need to have an Instagram account to enter this competition.
Where to stay?
Below are a few examples of the catered chalets we offer in Val Thorens:
Stay in Chalet Abricot for 7 nights, departing on 8th February 2020 for £840 per person. This includes return flights, transfers and chalet board. This chalet is perfect for those looking for ski convenience, just 25m approx. from the piste and great value for money. Cosy up by the wood burning stove or admire the stunning views from the balcony.
Stay in Chalet Coucher du Soleil for 7 nights, departing on 29th February 2020 for £1,008 per person. This includes return flights, return flights and chalet board. Only two minutes’ walk to the Plein Sud piste and Cascade lift, this chalet is a highly sought after location. Skiers can relax on the plush seating in front of the large open fire after a full day exploring the Three Valleys ski area.
Stay in Chalet Carambole for 7 nights for £962 per person, departing on 21st March 2020. This includes return flights, transfers and chalet board. Perfect for quick access to the slopes (approx. 25m away) and short walk to the centre of Val Thorens. Guests also have access to the swimming pool, sauna and steam room, located in the heart of the Balcons complex, close to the chalet.
We wish you the best of luck! To enter, please refer to the ‘How to enter’ section.
Terms & Conditions
- Promoters Details: Skiworld Ltd. Registered office: 3 Vencourt Place, London, W6 9NU
- Eligibility: Entries are only open to UK or Republic of Ireland residents and must be 18 or over and hold a valid passport. Employees and immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners) of the Promoter or their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible to enter this competition.
- How to Enter: Skiworld Instagram competition in partnership with Val Thorens SETAM Lift Company. To participate in this competition, users have to follow Skiworld (@skiworld_uk) and Val Thorens (@val_thorens) on Instagram, like the competition post and tag two friends to go to Val Thorens with. Each entrant online will automatically be given one (1) entry into the prize draw. Only one entry is allowed per person. No other action is required and no purchase or payment is necessary, however you will need an internet connection and access to Instagram. No refund may be claimed for expenses incurred in participating in the promotion, including in relation to the use of the internet. No entries from agents or third parties or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted. Incomplete or corrupted entries will not be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
- Use of Data: All details provided by you will be held by the Promoter and used in accordance with these terms and conditions and the Promoter’s Privacy Notice available here.
- Closing date for entries: You must have submitted your online entry by 17:30pm on 20th January 2020 (UK time).
- Prize: 3 x Three Valleys Full Area Lift Passes. Travel insurance is not included. It is the winner’s responsibility to check all visa and passport requirements are fulfilled. The prize is not transferable and no alternative will be offered.
- Selection of the winner: The winner will be selected by a random draw by the Promoter from all eligible entries, which will be witnessed by an observer independent of the project team conducting the draw. The draw will be conducted no later than 10 working days after the closing date
- Notification: The Promoter will notify the prize winner by Instagram messenger with instructions of how to claim their prize. The winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize from the date that they are announced as a winner. After this time, the Promoter reserves the right to select a new winner from eligible entries received.
- Winner’s details: Details of the winner’s name and country of residence will be obtainable from the Promoter after 27th January 2020 by writing to Skiworld Ltd, 3 Vencourt Place, London, W6 9NU.
- General: The Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition in exceptional circumstances. All entrants agree to abide by these terms and conditions and the Promoter reserves the right to exclude entrants for any breach of these terms and conditions. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- If you are the winner, you may be required to participate in any publicity or promotion organised by the Promoter; this may include printing your name on the Skiworld website at www.skiworld.co.uk or other promotional material such as social media.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- This prize is subject to Skiworld’s standard booking terms and conditions, available here, and are subject to availability.
- This promotion is subject to Instagram’s terms of services which can be found at: https://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/
- Entry into this prize draw implies acceptance of these rules and conditions.