Well known for its hotels and guesthouses, Austria is now setting new standards for facilities and value in self-catering, making it home to some of the best ski apartments in the Alps. For 2019, Skiworld is offering the opportunity to stay in Apart La Vita in St Anton, which includes a wellness facility located within the apartment block, boasting a sauna and a steam room 상영 영화 다운로드.
St. Anton Village
St. Anton am Arlberg, the ‘Cradle of Alpine skiing’ is a breath of fresh air in comparison to some other alpine resorts. This beautiful, authentic Tyrolean resort has a largely car-free village centre with easy access by road and rail 다운로드.
The atmosphere is on point. The centre of the village is dotted with old farmhouse style restaurants, shops and bars and locals are always happy to see tourists enjoy their hometown. If you are looking for more of a party vibe, St. Anton is renowned for its famous après bars – The Mooserwirt and Krazy Kanguruh. You can dance the night away in your ski boots, knock back Schnapps, indulge in the beer and enjoy the 80’s music 영화 노트북 자막 다운로드.
You may recognise this resort as it has been featured in numerous films such as Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, Chalet Girl and one of the first ever ski films (1931), Die Weisse Rausch.
St. Anton is part of a large, well-connected ski area, known as Ski Arlberg, which also includes the resorts of St Christoph, Zurs and Lech 다운로드. Each resort is linked with a total of 88 high-tech cable cars and lifts, making it quick and easy to access. Arlberg attracts the more advanced skiers and snowboarders due to the consistent snow and range of varied terrain, however is also suitable for all levels. Specifically, there is 305 km of marked ski runs and 200km of off-piste as well as snowboard parks, racing circuits and carving areas.
Dining Out or Dining In
The beauty of self-catering is that it suits all budgets and allows you to do as you please. If you want to spend your evenings trying out the local restaurants, here are a few Skiworld recommendations:
- Best mountain restaurant: Hospiz Alm in St Christoph fineprint 한글판. At the Hospiz Alm restaurant with its spacious sun terrace and “gourmet balcony” on the first floor, directly located next to the ski slope no. 64 you can enjoy meals in the ambience of a cosy Austrian ski hut.
- Cheapest mountain/resort lunch spot: Rendl Beach Pizza. Treat yourself to a drink at Rendl-Beach-Bar and take in the breathtaking mountain panorama as well as the stunts performed in Stanton Park 두 사람 다운로드!
- Best bar/s for après (early): Krazy Kanguroo. Since 1965 the Krazy Kanguruh has rocked the Arlberg, and offers a great atmosphere for après ski parties right on the side of the piste.
- Cheapest beer in town: Cuba. Whether it is for après ski or late night drinking this is a popular place to hang out.
- Best restaurant in the resort for dinner – The Underground on the piste 학원앨리스 만화책 다운로드. Well known for superb live entertainment, great food and fondues.
- Cheapest restaurant for dinner: Scotty’s Bar & Pizzeria. Come down off the mountain hungry and thirsty. Scotty’s bar has everything you need!
If you are looking to dine in, there are plenty of supermarkets in the centre of St 룩 어웨이. Anton, where you can buy local produce to stir up a traditional Austrian meal.
Self-Catered Apartments – Skiworld’s Apart La Vita
When you think of self-catering apartments, ‘cramped’ and ‘unattractive’ springs to mind. This is not the case for our Apart La Vita apartments in St Anton.
With an abundance of space and all the home comforts you need, these apartments are perfect for a relaxed holiday in the Alps. After a challenging and thrilling day skiing, you can expect to come back to comfortable beds, extra seating, en-suite bathrooms with showers and fully equipped kitchens
The location of Apart La Vita apartments is ideal if you want to be close to the ski lifts and après, yet able to escape to a quieter neighbourhood. Situated just off the main bus route west of St Anton; the apartments are only a 5-minute bus or 15-minute walk to the Galzigbahn and Rendlbahn ski lifts.
Relax the muscles in the wellness facility, which includes a sauna and steam room available exclusively for guests. There is a heated room for skis and boots in Apart La Vita, ensuring your boots are all set for the next day’s adventure. To avoid hoisting your skis around resort, there is also a ski storage at the base of the mountain, which is free of charge.
Flights and Transfers
The flight time is approx 3.5 hours from London Gatwick to Friedrichshafen airport. If you book a self-catered apartment at Apart La Vita, you can fly from London Gatwick at 11:35 with EasyJet on the 26th January 2019. The organised transfer to St. Anton is approximately only two-hours’ drive from Friedrichshafen airport so you will be at the resort in no time.
Other articles you may like: