This is a fool-proof stunner of a cheesecake. Made ahead of time, it’s sure to impress any dinner guests!
Cooked: at oven temp 350F/180C
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
200g digestive biscuits, crumbed
100g butter, melted
1/2 lemon zest & juice
750g cream cheese
150ml double cream
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
275g caster sugar
1 heaped tablespoon plain flour
fruit compote to serve
- Preheat your oven and line a 20cm cake tin with baking parchment, folding the sides so you can keep all the mixture in
- Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter and press into the bottom of the tin
- Whisk the other cheesecake ingredients together and spoon over the base
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until the top has risen and the surface has cracked.
- Allow to cool and serve at room temperature with a dusting of icing sugar and a generous helping of fruit compote on top!
The cheesecake can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days…