Aspen is a ski destination that has it all. The history, world-class skiing, non-ski activities, brilliant après, dining and stunning accommodation is suited for differing budgets and tastes.
The Creation of Aspen
Once upon a time in the late 1800’s, silver was discovered and Aspen town was thriving, reaching a peak population of 12,000 during this time. By mid-1930’s, ski enthusiasts began to show an interest in Aspen as a possible ski resort. Now, Aspen is a laid back yet luxurious ski destination, offering adventure for people of all nations, ages and abilities.
Where to Ski in Aspen
This legendary mountain directly above the town is where it all began. Full of challenges without beginner terrain, you can ski the same runs that hosted World Cup finals and the steep glades of Face of Bell.
The largest of the four mountains with greatest amount of terrain (3,332 acres), winter activities and on-mountain dining. With many trails suitable for children and numerous ski-in/ski-out accommodation options, this mountain is perfect for families and groups.
This mountain is loved by the locals with its uncrowded slopes, tree runs and amazing views, especially of the iconic Maroon Bell peaks. One of the most interesting challenges is the Highland Bowl involving a hike to the top (12,392 feet) and an exciting ski down the vertical descent.
A chilled out vibe with gentle slopes, scenic views and spacious runs make Buttermilk the perfect mountain to learn how to ski and snowboard. As well as the beginners, the mountain attracts freestyle skiers who are keen to try out the home of the Winter X Games.
If you would like a day to rest your legs, there are plenty of other activities on and off the mountain to enjoy.
- Try out the Alpine Coaster, which runs through the forests of Elk Camp at a speed of up to 28 miles per hour!
- Make your way down the mountain in a whole new way…on a Snowbike. A blend of biking and skiing, this is guaranteed to be a fun experience.
- Go tubing through The Meadows at Elk Camp.
- At the front of the Limelight Hotel Snowmass is an outdoor ice rink complete with free boot rentals.
- Try out the tallest indoor climbing wall in Colorado. Climbing shoes, harness and guided supervision are included.
- There are free kid’s activities on a daily basis providing families with a variety of options after the ski day.
Recognised for having the best après scene in North America; Aspen know how to put on a great party.
- Ajax Tavern at the base of Aspen Mountain. Soak up the sun on the terrace with a portion of truffle fries and a well-deserved drink.
- Cloud Nine Alpine Bistro in Aspen Highlands. A cosy hut known for its wild parties, dancing on the tables and spraying of champagne.
- Lynn Britt Cabin in Snowmass is great for al fresco après. Relax in one of the deck chairs with a glass of wine from the flawless wine list.
- Limelight Lounge at the Limelight Hotel in Aspen has a cosy, living room vibe. The perfect place to relax after a busy day on the slopes.
- Chair 9 at the Little Nell Hotel is one of the most popular après spots, with DJ’s spinning from 3:30 to 7:30pm daily.
- Elk Camp in Snowmass is a great place to chill with friends. The bar has a lot of spacious seating and large drink selection.
Aspen and Snowmass Village are internationally renowned for the dining experience, with over 100 restaurants to choose from. There is the annual Aspen Food & Wine Classic for all foodies, held in June, which brings new culinary ideas and inspiration to the local dining scene.
- Element 47 at the Little Nell Hotel serves up gourmet cuisine and a huge wine list.
- Matsuhisa is a must if you are a lover of sushi.
- Bonnies on Aspen Mountain is great for a breakfast that will definitely set you up for the day. Try the delicious pancakes, crispy bacon and maple syrup – can’t get better than that.
For those that like to let their hair down, there are a number of clubs, bars, lounges and live music acts.
- Belly Up Aspen is a live music club that hosts big names. With a mix of acts, you can enjoy all types of music.
- Escobar is one of Aspen’s most lively nightclubs with table serving, dancing and drinks.
- For those that love ale and stout, Nest Public House is a great choice.
Where to Stay in Aspen
Take advantage of our Early Booking Offers when you book before 31st October 2019.
5 Star, The Gant – From £1,452pp
- Situated in a peaceful spot at the base of Aspen Mountain, The Gant is just 2 blocks from the town centre and 4 blocks from the Silver Queen Gondola.
- There is also a free shuttle service to the lifts and town centre throughout the day.
- Range of facilities including 2 outdoor heated pools, 3 outdoor hot tubs, fitness room, 2 saunas and an outdoor fire place.
- Up to 30% discount for stays 5+ nights if you book before 31st August 2019.
- Up to 25% discount for stays 5+ nights if you book before 31st October 2019. Up to 40% discount for stays 14+ nights.
- Stay here for £1,452 per person, departing 7th December 2019. This includes 7 nights’ accommodation, return flights and transfers.
3 Star, Molly Gibson Lodge, From £1,200pp
- A short stroll from all the boutiques, bars and restaurants. The bus stops outside the hotel giving skiers easy access to the mountains.
- Rustic traditional lodge with wood and exposed stone.
- A hot breakfast is included free as well as après-ski drinks and nibbles in the evening.
- There’s a heated outdoor pool and hot tubs to relax in.
- Up to 10% off 1-3 nights; up to 15% off 4-6 night stays or up to 20% off 7+ night stays if you book before 31st August 2019.
- Stay here for £1,200 per person, departing 7th December 2019. This includes 7 nights’ accommodation, return flights and transfers.
3 Star, Hotel Aspen, From £1,255pp
- Situated in the heart of Aspen, close to the shops, restaurants and Aspen Mountain. There is easy access to the shuttle bus, which brings visitors to each of the four ski resorts.
- Elegant décor and welcoming atmosphere, with an outdoor pool and hot tub to relax in.
- Enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast every day, and enjoy free après- ski drinks and nibbles in the evening.
- Up to 10% off 1-3 night or up to 15% off 4-6 night stays or Up to 20% off 7+ night stays if you book before 31st August 2019.
- Stay here for £1,225 per person, departing 7th December 2019. This includes 7 nights’ accommodation, return flights and transfers.
4 Star, The Crestwood, From £1,539pp
- Slope-side ski-in/ski-out location at the base of the Snowmass ski area, with access to the Elk Camp Gondola and Village Express Lift.
- Welcoming and homely with spa facilities including an outdoor heated pool with 3 hot tubs.
- Up to 20% off 5-9 nights or up to 25% off 10+ night stays if you book before 1st October 2019.
- Stay here for £1,539 per person, departing 21st March 2019. This includes 7 nights’ accommodation, return flights and transfers.
5 Star, Little Nell
- Ski-in/ski-out next to the Silver Queen gondola.
- Free hotel shuttle bus to take you to any of the 4 mountains.
- One of the most luxurious hotel in décor, facilities and services.
- Brilliant après and restaurants, including Element 47, Chair 9 and nearby Ajax tavern.
- Up to 15% discount for stays 7-14 nights before 1st October 2019. Up to 20% discount for stays 14+ nights if you book before 1st October 2019.
Prices correct at time of writing (6/8/19) but subject to change