North America’s biggest ski resort is looking forward to yet another bumper season of perfect snow, amazing après events and many satisfied skiers.
Skiworld’s own Brendan Croft, our highly experienced North American Product Executive has this to say about his favourite Canadian resort;
“The sheer size of Whistler Blackcomb makes it the ideal choice for any standard of skier or boarder… but that’s easy to say. The real reason it’s such a top notch resort is that they really know how to treat their guests…”
And Brendan’s right on the money; the customer service is second to none, 24/7 and from the resort base right to the top of the ski area – that’s over 1,600 metres!
Being only a 2 hour drive from Vancouver makes a ski holiday to Whistler Blackcomb the perfect option if you fancy tagging on a city break too. Skiworld’s expert team can customise your ski trip to include a few nights in this famous cosmopolitan Canadian city, AND give you the inside scoop on the best spots to visit.
It’s always worth booking way in advance for a ski holiday to Whistler as the early booking deals with Skiworld are really worthwhile. Discounted lift passes, ski hire and ski school, the famous Kids Ski Free offer for families plus free nights, room upgrades and up to 50% off hotel stays are all part of the fanfare of offers… But they’re only available before the early booking deadlines so strike NOW so you don’t miss out!
If you want to find out more about a ski holiday to Whistler Blackcomb, check out our Whistler Special Offers page where you can find all the up-to-date details. And don’t miss our #WhistlerWednesday competition on our Facebook page where you can win a prize every week by answering a simple question…
the nitty gritty…
So what’s all the fuss about? Is Whistler really worth all the hype? Well, first off the facts do speak for themselves:
- The largest ski resort in North America with 8,171 acres of skiing
- An average annual snowfall of 11.74 metres (Val d’Isere receives roughly 5.5 metres)
- Over 200 marked trails, 1600 metres of vertical descent, 37 lifts as well as the record breaking Peak2Peak Gondola
- 17 mountain restaurants with enough variety to suit all tastes, ages and budgets
- 5 snow parks, 1 superpipe and a snow-cross track
- An array of lodging in three base areas; Whistler Village, Blackcomb and Creekside including budget condos, B&B hotels, hotel suites and luxury accommodations including the ONLY 5 diamond rated property in Western Canada; the Four Seasons Resort and Spa
- Non-skiing activities to keep you busier than a bee on overtime: ziplining, tubing, dog sledding, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, sleigh rides, ice skating, ice climbing, Olympic park tours, Helicopter tours and more…
- Co-Host of the 2010 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games
But more recently, in the 2015 Ski Magazine awards Whistler picked up an accolade that argued it’s case without doubt when it was voted the #1 Overall Ski Resort!
So when we say, “Whistler is Winning!”, you really should listen. But if you still don’t believe us, check out this video…
Find out how you can enjoy a ski holiday at the incredible ski resort of Whistler Blackcomb… just click here